Inexpensive Art Supplies
While many art supplies are found to be quite costly, there are a few ways to cut back on costs and save money for the more important supplies on your list, such as your favorite Copic Markers or Golden Brand Fluid Acrylic paints. When browsing the dollar store the other day I was quite amazed at some of the basic things I could buy for mixed media art.
Here is a list of items that you can pick up at your local Dollar Tree store:
- Gel pens.
- Mechanical pencils.
- Hole punch (standard).
- Erasers – all sizes and assortments. Some are even the perfect size for stamp (small) carving.
- Envelopes – all sizes and assortments.
- Bubble wrap.
- Assorted size note pads.
- Sharpie brand markers.
- White out (brush and/or pen).
- Scotch brand Packing tape (works well for making transfers).
- Scotch brand tapes – several types and assortments.
- Finger paints for kids.
- Watercolors (the ones you are used to using as a kid, but hey they work nicely sometimes).
- Rubbing alcohol – can be used to make your own alcohol inks.
- Spray bottles – can be used to make your own spray inks.
- Ink pads – these may not be good for stamping, but I bet they might work to make a neat looking background page.
I am sure that there are many other items that can be found here that would be perfect to use for mixed media art projects. Be creative and go take a look. You might be surprised at what you find…and for a bargain price!http://lizduke.com/inexpensive-art-supplies/https://i0.wp.com/lizduke.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/20131203_192129-768x1024.jpg?fit=510%2C680https://i0.wp.com/lizduke.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/20131203_192129-768x1024.jpg?resize=150%2C150Mixed Media Art and JournalingArt,ArT JoUrNaL,journal,journaling,mixed media,scrapbooking,supplies,therapeutic journalingWhile many art supplies are found to be quite costly, there are a few ways to cut back on costs and save money for the more important supplies on your list, such as your favorite Copic Markers or Golden Brand Fluid Acrylic paints. When browsing the dollar store the...Elizabeth DukeElizabeth DukeELIZABETH.THORNHILL@GMAIL.COMAdministratorLiz Duke.com